Thursday 25 December 2008

Read to dismiss dismal hours




The best way to be lost in reality is to keep a book open.

Today is a melancholic, slow paced day. I can see through the window patches of the garden already soaked, even if only a fine drizzle is coming down from a forbidden sky.

This drizzle has been painting the landscape with its wet small brushes for hours now. The sun, hiding its magnificent corolla from humankind behind the thick cover of low clouds, is a wraith in "firedom".

I feel alone but not lonely; seeking to disperse the foreboding this misty rain brings to my soul I went digging into my library and lo! in one of the small shelves, to the left, in the Fantasy classification tab I found:

Fredric Brown's From these Ashes

Back, back in time, out of the drizzle, out of the melancholic mood, out of this world, into reality of fiction, into illusion and mirth...

These are the soft and sweet notes of the Canon in D major by Johann Pachelbel performed by Richard Clayderman. Enjoy!


© 2008 Od Liam.

No comments:

Post a Comment