Friday 10 May 2013

Embarrassing moment






It was a day as any other, I was an unsuspecting soul, enjoying the sweet of life, when the events come falling on me embarrassing and shaming my little being beyond words and facts.

I didn't realize what was going on until I breathed my first puff of air, just in that moment I saw I was held by one of my legs, head down by one of the neonatologist looking at me between a sense of surprise and withdrawal. I could see only his eyes, he was using a surgical mask, but I could spot the amazement in them.

As soon as I understood I was completely naked and surrounded by many dressed people who looked at me in disbelief, I was bewildered and a great sense of humiliation sunk in myself, making me feel so ashamed that I set free a mighty wail, to disclose my discomfort and embarrassment.

Nobody seemed surprised by my cry, one of the nurse said in awe:

"Are you sure this is it?"

"What else?" answered the neonatologist.

"Do you think we should throw it into the garbage bin?" asked the anesthesiologist.

"We better wait some days", answered a man who had a small plate on his chest with the inscription "Chief". I assumed he was the sheriff.

"Yes", agreed up a petite blond girl who seemed 12 years old but she had a plate stating Dr. Simmons, "if in a few days he gets better we can give him to his family".

The doctor who held me by the leg went near a big tank full of water and sunk me several times to clean me, and then passed my poor self to a reluctant nurse with the recommendation:

"Wrap him totally, try to let out only his nose when the family comes to see him"

I was hidden behind a lot of diapers and sheets and set into a crib far away from the window where relatives get together to watch the newborn.

Only in that moment I could recover from the shock, but I assure you it was the most embarrassing moment of my life.

And I am no telling you all the rites my druids make me undergo to be accepted as a member of the clan.

 The music is a fragment from Alfred Hitchcock Theme.

© 2013 Od Liam.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! You're so hilarious, Od. You know, you really amaze me with the recollection of how it was then. It's pictured so vividly! LOL!

    It's one of the moments no one could escape from embarrassment. Like it or not, we have to be in such situation in order to be accepted as world citizens!

    Thank you for another very nice write-up. Loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Goodness, we do not remember a thing, or it would be the reason of many money spent in shrinks! :))


      Thank you, BB!!!

      Delete
  2. This is so funny Od Liam. I wondered what would embarrass you and I'm so glad that I don't have that memory or remember anyone who was there at the time, apart from the mother of course. You gave me a good Sunday afternoon laugh as I sipped my gin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't even remember our mother.

    We just guess she was there!! :))))


    Glad you laughed, RPD. It is a way to keep oneself fit!

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete